OpenCart Developer with proven knowledge of developing
We are looking to hire an OpenCart Developer. You will be part of an established team and will have the opportunity to make a difference right away.
Reporting to the E-commerce and Digital Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining OpenCart websites, developing, customising and implementing new features and functionality, and to deliver multiple OpenCart website development projects.
- 3-5 years experience of OpenCart, PHP web frameworks and other open source e-commerce solutions
- Experience in mobile responsive and search engine friendly OpenCart website development
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- User authentication and authorisation between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Able to communicate with colleagues with non-technical background
The succesful applicant will be able to work remotely, but must be available to work during normal office hours, Monday - Thursday 10:00hrs - 17:00hrs & Friday 10:00hrs - 14:00hrs.
- Maintaining OpenCart website as per given specifications, ensuring high-performance and availability
- Managing all technical aspects of the OpenCart e-commerce system and its security
- Responsible for developing, customising and implementing new features and functionality
- Complete delivery of multiple OpenCart website development projects including both back-end and front-end development, customising OpenCart themes, plugins, and modules
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Integration of data storage
- This is a home based role with occasional visits to the Grantham office, so you need to have a phone and a working laptop
- Freelance Self Employed Developer/Designer
Job Type: Part-time, Permanent, immediate start